Pressed for time and eager to practice with color, I chose to do another color test for today's sketchbook.
So, of course, this took me more than a couple of hours.
Fortunately, I think I'm getting a better feel for what I'm doing, because that's how practice works. Also, some of that time was spent doing things like adding to my presently incomplete custom swatch library. Several of the hues in the last panel in particular weren't part of it beforehand, and each of those took a few minutes to add.
I also settled on colors I can use later for Justin, Ellen, and Grace (Grace as a frame of a reference for how to color the Grace-a-monsters, which TECHNICALLY didn't make it any easier. That itself was a worthwhile lesson, however).
I'm not 100% satisfied with all my color choices, but I decided to call "time" and show my work as is. I'd be refining this for hours if I let myself.
Next week, I hope for original sketchbooks again. I'm prioritizing story and EGSNP, however, so I'll play it by ear.